*** New Hire Signing Bonus after 120 days***
This position ensures proper operation of vehicles and mechanical equipment by inspecting vehicles, determining the mechanical repair needs, performing specified repair and replacing specified parts according to instruction, as well as performing routine vehicle maintenance.
- Perform routine automotive maintenance tasks, including oil changes, tire rotations, transmission flushes, air conditioner re-charges, front-end alignments, battery installations and headlight/taillight installations
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry best practices in automotive repair
- Conduct extensive diagnostic procedures to determine the sources of customers’ problems and provide accurate repair recommendations
- Inspect vehicles according to the state’s requirements for emissions and safety
- Conduct necessary repairs and take vehicles for test drives to verify soundness
- Maintain legible and accurate paperwork for both the customer and for our records
- Clean and maintain the work environment to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2-5 years of automotive or mechanical work experience required. MSI or ASE certification preferred.
- Knowledge of diagnostic tools and equipment a must
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
- Ability to drive for long periods of time.
- Ability to communicate and follow directions.
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
- Good work habits and attendance.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.