Salvage Auction Policies
This Policy Guide outlines the broad guidelines and policies for dealers conducting business at Bel Air Auto Auction. Dealers should read and understand our rules, polices and the manner in which we operate this dealer vehicle exchange before transacting business at this auction. Fairness must prevail in these business transactions between buyers and sellers, and dealers who register agree to abide by the policies and procedure of this auction.
- All dealers must register with this Auction before buying & or selling.
- Bel Air Auto Auction is an Auction Access member. First time attending dealers must call ahead or visit our dealer registration counter to activate their Auction Access number with us.
- The Auction reserves the right to accept or reject applicants. Use of our buyer’s card is a privilege and is non-transferable. Bel Air Auto Auction may revoke the dealer’s privileges when deemed necessary and the holder must return the card upon demand.
- Dealer Registration files must be kept current. Changes in information such as ownership, authorized buyers, banks, bonding companies, etc. must be reported to the Auction in writing.
- Dealers are responsible for their representatives. If a representative breaks any auction rules, the Principal will be held accountable.
- Dealer and or dealer’s representative using a card agrees to abide by all the policies of this Auction and agrees to abide by all the policies of this Auction in which the dealer and/or representative may be involved.
- Safety practices prohibit children on the Auction premises
- Dealers entering the Auction may be asked to show proper Auction Identification.
- Auction reserves the right to limit the number of “Drivers” accompanying an attending dealer and drivers must show a valid driver’s license.
- Retail customers are not allowed during dealer only auction scheduled times (See Lane Schedule).
- All transactions (buying or selling of vehicles) taking place anywhere at this Auction’s facility must be processed through the auction office. Any act or effort to circumvent this policy will be grounds for revoking the privileges of both the buyer and seller involved in the unauthorized transaction.
- Buyers and sellers understand and recognize that this Auction acts solely as a Dealer Only vehicle exchange to facilitate the transaction between buyer and seller with title passing from seller to buyer. All transactions are strictly between the seller and buyer. The Auction is not involved in chain of title, although the Auction provides specific title warranties as stated in the terms stated on the Vehicle Agreement of Sale (Block Ticket), which both seller and buyer sign.
- The Auction always attempts to administer and rule on matters involving transactions in an impartial and equitable manner. The Auction retains total discretion to make final judgments and to rule on all matters involving auction policies. Any effort to circumvent Auction policies or guidelines will not be tolerated. The Auction management will make all final decisions involving dealer disputes.
- The Auction reserves the right to refuse the registration or consignment of any vehicle in which, in its discretion, it determines is unacceptable.
- The Auction may adopt new policies as required from time-to-time, and changes will be posted.
- This Member Auction adheres to the general philosophy, mission statements and the Code of Ethics of the National Auto Auction Association.