While many auto auctions are available to car dealers only, BSCAmerica is pleased to offer GSA auctions that are open to the public. Bel Air Auto Auction is a federal government contractor for the General Services Administration (GSA). The public is invited to participate in these GSA auctions of surplus cars, trucks, and buses, which are generally held once a month. If you like getting a better value for less money, then attend one of BSC America’s government auctions. Since the General Services Administration supplies the government with new vehicles every few years, you can buy barely-used government vehicles at a GSA auction for just a fraction of their original price. Contact us at (410) 879-7950 or check out our calendar of events to learn about upcoming government auctions or to find a GSA auto auction near you.
GSA Auctions: Come Prepared
When you locate an auction you wish to attend, you can oftentimes look at an online government auction run list so you can scope out the government auction cars before you even arrive. Additionally, many public government auctions will give attendees the opportunity to arrive at the auction site early or on a designated “inspection day” to pre-examine any vehicles of interest. Some websites even hold government car auctions online, which means you can buy a vehicle at an incredible price without even leaving your kitchen table or office desk.
Also, before the day of the auction make sure to familiarize yourself with the government car auction site’s terms, conditions and policies – all easily found on the respective government auctions website. Knowing these guidelines beforehand will ensure your time at the GSA government auction won’t be stressful or confusing.
Know What to Expect at a Government Auction
While purchasing a car at a government auto auction can be an excellent way to take advantage of a great deal on a used car, buyers will want to prepare themselves in advance to ensure the best possible GSA auto auction experience. Understanding of “As Is/Where Is”, registration requirements, and vehicle condition are just a few things to consider.
Since terms and conditions vary depending on the type of auction, potential buyers will want to make sure they review and understand the GSA Auction policies. Reading though the policies will help attendees know what to expect at this type of public auto auction. Contact us with any questions or to learn more about our government auctions.
About GSA Auto Auctions
GSA is the “business side” of the U.S. Government. Established over 50 years ago, GSA provides business leadership and expertly managed services, and solutions at the best value to enable Federal employees to accomplish their missions.
Most GSA auction vehicles were purchased new and driven by government employees for official purposes. The vehicles are then sold when they reach replacement age and /or mileage limitations. Used government vehicles are some of the best values in today’s marketplace. GSA auction cars are newer, well maintained, have relatively low mileage, and come equipped with desirable features such as automatic transmission, air conditioning, power steering, and power brakes. Many government auction cars also come in attractive body styles and a variety of colors.
Benefits of Government Vehicle Auctions
In addition to the excitement of the fast-paced atmosphere, there are many benefits to purchasing a vehicle at a government car auction:
- Great Price: Due to the nature of GSA auctions, vehicles are often sold at an incredibly discounted price.
- No Registration Fee: A government auction does not usually require a registration fee. This means you are saving money before the GSA car auction even begins.
- Newer models: Since government vehicles are phased out for newer models after just a few years, most government auction cars will be relatively new and have low mileage.
- Vehicle History Reports: It’s smart to get to know a car before you buy it. Most vehicles at a government auto auction have a vehicle history report available so you can make sure you aren’t getting a lemon.
BSC America Government Auctions
Locating a GSA auction near you is actually quite easy, since they are held at sites all over the nation. BSC America offers several popular car auction gov events in Maryland. If you have any questions about our upcoming government car auctions, please contact us at (410) 879-7950.
For Public Simulcast Buyers at Bel Air Auto Auction
- Please fill out the bidder registration form by 9:00 AM the day of the sale.
- Bidders must also submit a copy of their drivers license. Email it to email@example.com.
- If you have questions in regards to the vehicles or auction process, or require any additional assistance please contact our registration department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (410) 879-7950 Option 2.
- All registration forms must be completed by 4:00pm the day before a sale.
- View the list of cars for sale
- View GSA live sale terms and conditions
- View the GSA standard form 114C